If you can’t connect your audio or video during the equipment check, please follow these steps to resolve the problem:
1)Double check that your camera and microphone are connecting with Verbling in your lesson page Equipment Setup by clicking the
button at the top of your lesson page screen. If you camera or microphone are not detected, move to step 2. If they’re detected, move to the step 3.
2) Check that Chrome or Firefox is granted the access to your Camera and Mic in your computer settings (for MacOS older than 10.14 Mojave, skip to Step 3):
1- Click on the Windows icon
2- Click on Settings or Configuration
3- Click on Privacy
4- Select Camera from the menu on the left and on the right under "Allow desktop apps access camera" toggle to Activate the access.
5- Select Microphone from the menu on the left and on the right under "Allow desktop apps access camera" toggle to Activate the access.
6- Restart Chrome to apply the changes.
For Mac Mojave and Mac Catalina (10.14 and newer) :
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
- Select Microphone and Camera.
- Select the checkbox next to Verbling to allow it to access the microphone and the camera.
3) Double check that you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for your web browser during your Verbling lesson.
If the problem persists, there are a few potential causes:
- In your web browser, Verbling may not have permission to access your device camera or microphone. To be sure that Verbling has permission in Google Chrome, or is "allowed," to access your device camera and microphone check your web browser settings or by clicking the
icon during your Verbling lesson.
When you click your
icon you will see this drop down screen:
You can access your Camera and Microphone settings by pasting these links to your Chrome address bar:
Make sure that Verbing is not blocked.
2) If your web browser settings are currently set to "Allow" Verbling, but the issue is still persisting there may be an issue with a recent update to your web browser or extensions. In this case, you can uninstall and reinstall your Google Chrome web browser on your device to reset your settings and extensions in your web browser.
3) If you experience this issue in both browsers, it can be your antivirus software or Firewall that blocks your video/audio on Verbling. Try disabling them and see if that helps.