Verbling Teacher Code of Conduct
1. Be a Verbling Ambassador
Maintain a positive attitude about Verbling at all times - this means never making negative or disparaging comments about the platform. Remember, for many students, you are the face of Verbling!
2. Be professional, respond quickly
It's important to consistently ensure that Verbling students have a great experience with you as a teacher, so always remember to maintain a high degree of professionalism. Most importantly, make sure to respond quickly to incoming requests and messages from your current students.
3. Attend all classes and arrive on time
It’s important to maintain a 100% attendance rate and to avoid unscheduling and requesting to reschedule. Of course, unforeseen circumstances do occur, but as a rule, please keep attendance at 100% and keep unscheduling and rescheduling to a minimum.
4. Make every effort to help
New students might encounter technical difficulties. Please be patient and utilize the steps in our troubleshooting article to help them solve the issue.
If all else fails, encourage them to contact Verbling Support at email@example.com
5. Retain your students
Learning a language takes time and requires persistence. To help your students in their language learning journey, encourage your students to take lessons as frequently as possible. Try to turn your lessons into a habit for your students, and always suggest a next lesson.
6. Provide a reason for any lesson change
If you cancel, request reschedule, unschedule, or make any other change to the lesson, it is required to communicate with the student and explain why you are making the change in the box provided.
Verbling Bannable Offenses
The following actions are not permitted on Verbling and may lead to account deactivation and removal from the platform.
- Scheduling and starting lessons with yourself or with fake students
- Any attempt to send or receive money from Verbling teachers or students off platform
- Any attempt to recruit Verbling teachers or students to work or study off platform
- Sending to or requesting private contact information from Verbling teachers or students
- Conducting lessons off of the Verbling platform without explicit written permission from Verbling
- The use of abusive, offensive language, threats or bullying toward Verbling teachers, students, or staff
- Sexual talk, nudity, and/or attempts to use Verbling as a dating site
- Fraudulent use of credit cards or other payment methods
- Identity fraud
- Money laundering or theft
- Spam messaging
- Repeatedly asking for free lessons or services