Price locking allows you to adjust your rates without affecting current students. New students are locked into a set of single and bulk rates when they book a single lesson or bulk lessons with you. To see a list of your students and their current rates, visit the My Students section on the left side of your Dashboard.
Single and bulk rates for each student are displayed in a column on the right.
- Rates with a lock icon indicate that these students have locked rates.
- You can adjust locked rates at any time. Simply update the rates manually. They will remain locked.
- By default, students who book a single lesson or bulk lessons with you will be locked in to your rates at the moment of purchase.
- Locked rates will not change when you change your general rates in your settings.
- Rates with an unlocked icon indicate that these students have unlocked rates.
- Adjusting unlocked rates manually will automatically lock the rates.
- Unlocked rates will change when you change your general rates in your settings.
The rates on your profile will be displayed as follows:
- Unlocked students will see the general rates in your settings.
- Users who are not logged in will see the general rates in your settings.
- Locked users will see the custom rates you choose for them.
Price locking scenarios
Use price locking creatively to achieve the following:
- Adjust your rates for new students while keeping your old students at their current rates.
- Temporarily lower rates for individual students with special circumstances, such as economic hardship, or to encourage inactive students to book with you again.
- Temporarily increase rates for individual students with special circumstances, such as grading essays or reviewing translations outside of your lesson time.
- For those of you who don't wish to accept new students, consider temporarily increasing your general rates to raise the price of new bookings but maintain existing students at current rates. That way, you'll only be accepting new students at a much higher price!
Don't forget to always communicate rate changes to your students!