Verbling Video is a high-quality audio and video chat technology that is seamlessly integrated into the Verbling learning experience. With Verbling Video, you don’t need to use any complicated third-party applications to connect with your teachers.
However, if there is ever a technical difficulty, we recommend using Verbling's Google Hangouts app as a back-up.
The first time you have a lesson or trial lesson on Verbling, you will automatically connect to Google Hangouts and you will be prompted with a pop-up notification that looks like this:
To get the Verbling app on Google Hangouts, which enables you to see your lesson information and chat with your teacher, you MUST click "Allow".
Any chats you or your teacher writes within the Verbling application chat box will also be saved within your private Verbling messages.
If you accidentally clicked "Deny" or otherwise didn't receive that pop up notification, please follow these steps to reset the notification and get the Verbling app on Google Hangouts:
1) Go to your Google Sign-in & security page.
2) Locate Verbling among your list of other applications.
3) Click on Verbling to see more information on the permissions you have granted or denied Verbling.
NOTE: Your permissions might vary from the picture included below.
4) Click "Remove".
5) In the pop-up notification, click "OK".
6) The next time you join a lesson on Verbling and are taken to Google Hangouts, you will be prompted with the following notification:
7) In the pop-up notification, click "Allow".
8) You will now see the Verbling app load on the right hand side of Google Hangouts, which enables you to see your lesson information and chat with your teacher. Any chats you or your teacher writes within this chat box will be saved within your private Verbling messages.
NOTE: Unfortunately, this method of resetting your permissions does not add the Verbling app icon to the left hand list of applications in your Google Hangouts.
Normally looks like:
Yours will look like:
The only affect this has on your ability to chat with your teacher occurs if you happen to click on a different app. In that event, you might temporarily lose your Verbling chat application on the right hand side. To get that chat application back, simply refresh your Google Hangouts page using the button.