Occasionally, there might be an issue that prevents your teacher from being able to start or join your lesson, or your teacher might be absent. To notify your Verbling teacher of the issue, the first thing you should do is file a support request to the Verbling Support team here. You should then report an issue with your lesson so that your tutor can help resolve it.
- If you report an issue with your lesson, but do not file a support request, then the Verbling Support team will be unaware of any issue that happened until a support request is filed. Our team is never notified of issue reports until a teacher or student reaches out to our team directly.
- If you report an issue with your Verbling lesson and your teacher does not resolve it within 2 business days, please reach out to our team so we are able to resolve your issue report for you!
If you would like to report an issue with your lesson, please do the following:
NOTE: Your tutor may be running late for various reasons, please give your teacher a few minutes to start your Verbling lesson before reporting an issue.
1) Go to your Dashboard.
2) Find the lesson you'd like to report.
If your lesson has gone incomplete in your dashboard or you are unable to find your lesson, you may filter your dashboard and search for your teacher's name. Once you locate your lesson, click on the lesson to go to your session page.
3) On your session page, locate the Actions list. Under Actions, click Report Issue.
5) In the pop-up screen, select the relevant issue with your lesson, or select “Other” if your issue is not listed.
6) Include any comments explaining the situation for your teacher. These comments will be communicated to your teacher.
7) Click Report