You might want to create a coupon for a special promotion or to offer a student a discount off the cost of a single lesson with you.
NOTE: To give your student a refund for a missed lesson or a lesson where you or the student experienced technical difficulties, do not issue a coupon. Instead, see "How do I give my student a refund?" for details.
To create a coupon, please do the following:
1) Go to your Teacher Admin page by hovering over your name on the upper right hand corner of the page and clicking on "Teacher Admin".
2) On the far left side of your screen, under "TOOLS", click on "COUPONS".
3. Click the blue "New Coupon" button.
4. Name your coupon in the "Coupon code" field, and specify a percentage discount you wish to offer in the "Percent off" field.
NOTE: Your coupon code is case sensitive.
5. The "Active" button will automatically be selected, but you may deselect it at anytime if you wish to make your coupon inactive.
NOTE: Coupons do not have expiration dates. To expire a coupon, you must manually uncheck the "Active" check box to make the coupon inactive, and no longer valid for a discount.
6. Click "Save".
7. To share the coupon with your student, provide him or her with the name of your coupon code. Remember that it is case sensitive. If your student has not used a coupon before, direct your student to follow the instructions here.
Coupons are only valid for a single use per student.
Coupons are only valid on single tutoring purchases (not bulk packages).
You may share the same coupon with more than one student if you wish to create a special promotion for your students, for example. Note, however, that students could potentially share your coupon code with friends on Verbling, so share wisely. When in doubt, make a coupon inactive after its initial, intended use.