We understand that your reputation as a teacher is very important. However, it is also important that students receive the best possible experience on Verbling, and it is a student's right to provide a rating and review on your lesson. Ratings are one of many factors contributing to your ranking on the "Find a Teacher" page.
If you believe a student's negative rating is due to a misunderstanding, we encourage you to resolve the issue with the student directly. If you and your student resolve the issue, you may politely encourage your student to email [email protected], asking to remove or amend the rating.
Occasionally, students might negatively review their lesson experience due to circumstances outside of your control, such as the student's own audio/video problems. They might also negatively review a lesson after missing the lesson without notice. In these instances, please click the flag icon to the right of the rating and report an issue with the rating. Provide us with detailed insight into the issue before submitting. We carefully review flagged ratings each week before determining if they qualify for removal.
Situations that might qualify for a rating to be removed:
- Your student missed a lesson they scheduled, and rated you negatively as a result
- Your student experienced technical difficulties that you were, despite your best efforts, unable to help them fix
- Your student leaves a positive review but, seemingly by accident, selects 1 or 2 stars
Situations that qualify for a rating to be amended:
- Student reaches out to [email protected], asking for the review to be amended
Situations that do not qualify for a rating to be amended/removed:
- You do not like the student's review
- You are unhappy that they rated you less than 5 stars
- You came late to a lesson, were unprofessional or impolite, or exhibited other behavior that prompted a low review
- You were not "on your A game" or you "had a bad day"
- Your student was unsatisfied with your lesson
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].