Price locking allows you to adjust your rates without affecting current students. New students are locked into a set of single and bulk rates when they book a single lesson or bulk lessons with you. To see a list of your students and their current rates, go to Teacher Admin > Students here.
You will see single and bulk rates for each student.
The rates on your profile will be displayed as follows:
- Unlocked students will see the general rates in your settings.
- Users who are not logged in will see the general rates in your settings.
- Locked users will see the custom rates you choose for them.
Price locking scenarios
Use price locking creatively to achieve the following:
- Adjust your rates for new students while keeping your old students at their current rates.
- Temporarily lower rates for individual students with special circumstances, such as economic hardship, or to encourage inactive students to book with you again.
- Temporarily increase rates for individual students with special circumstances, such as grading essays or reviewing translations outside of your lesson time.
- For those of you who don't wish to accept new students, consider temporarily increasing your general rates to raise the price of new bookings but maintain existing students at current rates. That way, you'll only be accepting new students at a much higher price!
Don't forget to communicate rate changes to your students!